Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Emanuel...God with us

Already, I"m slacking in my effort to spend time with God daily. :( I will keep on my journey though. I plan to go to somebody's prayer meeting tomorrow, all in an effort to know Him. So, on my journey to know God and more specifically, who Christ was (in an effort to become like him) , I'm working on the Gospels. I started with the birth of Christ and re-read that whole account, and I got stuck on, " And you shall call his name Emanuel , which is translated God with us".

What impact does "God with us" have for my everyday life?

-The thought that God is with me is comforting. There is nothing that I go through that he doen't experience with me. There is no situation I can't handle, because God is with me.

-God has lived on this earth, dealt with temptation, felt far from God, felt desperate, felt like giving up, plugged on despite adversity, and eventually went to be with His father, this means, through Christ, I can do the same thing.

-If I am constantly aware of "God with us", then my behaviour should exhibit that. At all times I should be doing, saying, thinking only those things that I would do, if there was a visible, tangible God walking beside me. Oh, oh, oh how life would be if we were constantly aware of this very fact. No cursing people out on the drive to work, no hateful thoughts as so and so passes by. So many places we wouldn't venture into. So many things we wouldn't find ourselves doing.

-Remembering the sacrifice of "God with us", reminds us that this earth isn't our final home. If we stay reminded that God came, then it follows that we will remember, where he came from.


What was the purpose of sending God to dwell with us?

-To save mankind. Someone had to die to pay the price for sin.
-To serve as an example that living a life consecrated to God is possible.
-As justification, evidence that the claims Satan had made about God were incorrect, as a manifestation of God's character. (I have declared unto them Thy name- "merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth...)

- As a demonstration of God's extreme love. How can we not believe that God loves us, if we remember that he sent His ONLY ONLY (one dehgeh dehgeh) Son to save just me.

Ten Blessings
1. Life, health and strength
2. That I'm getting closer to finishing my questions.
3. My percentages are going up.
4. A light rotation
5. My sister lived to see another birthday, and that our relationship is improving over the years.
6. Hope (for I would have fainted, had I not hoped to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living).
7. My Cincinnati family
8. Alex, that we're still in the game, plugging along together.
9. That God is in charge, and that in His wisdom, mercy, and might, He manages to hold ALL things together, even when it seems like all chaos is threatening to break loose.
10. An opportunity to worship God really at prayer meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment